Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Offering my services

  1. #1
    Inactive Member fscgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    I saw that sakura-crisis needs some translators for sensei manga. Well.... I don't know Japanese, but if you need help touching up the manga scans or anything, I can do it on photoshop for you. Would that be any help?


    Oh, by the way, anyone have "I Can't Stop Loving You Extra Volume 1" they would like to email me? If you do, post that you would like to and I'll give you my email.

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ April 10, 2005 04:54 PM: Message edited by: fscgirl ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Then the post you want to apply for is as an Editor ^^

    Not long ago, they were looking for benevolent souls on the Live-journal, so here's the link (Link; maybe just comment on it (even if you don't have a LJ you can post anonymous - just don't forget to include your e-mail so they can reach you ^_~ ).

    If nothing in a week, get back to this tread and I'll go spork them about it.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member fscgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Are you sure I should apply as an editor? As I said before, I don't know Japanese... What exactly does an editor do besides translate?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *gri*
    An editor deosn't translate. A translator translates, from whichever language to another. A scanner scans. The editors.. well, here, the editors edits. This means they are the one who takes the scanned page, clean it up and paste in the text the translator provides.

    In some groups, like in hochuumi, there is translators, scanners, cleaners and editors. The only difference is that the cleaner well, cleans the page (make sure the blacks are black, the whites are white, see to it that we see no scan lines and rotate the pic if needed. The editor himself, in this case, would be the one putting the text in, changing suffixes and sound text, playing with fonts.

    As yousaid you did your avatar with photoshop, and that you didn't knew japenese, I suggested you try out for an editor post, that's all. Katze just posted an update on the main page about this matter, so check it out; in the zip file for the test there is a job description if you are interested. Good luck ^^

  5. #5
    Inactive Member fscgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Yue! I think I'll try it out. I might not be able to do a whole lot until the summer b/c I have AP exams, but I would still love to help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •